is a highly innovative system of hand hygiene monitoring designed for hospitals and other healthcare providers. HyGreen®
actively reminds healthcare workers (HCWs) if they forget to wash their hands prior to approaching a patient in their bed. The system also wirelessly documents every handwashing event, and records the hand wash status of every HCW on every interaction with a patient bed monitor.
Xhale began development of the HyGreen®
hand hygiene reminding and recording system in 2008. In 2010 the technology was spun out to a stand-alone company, HyGreen, Inc. via a stock distribution. HyGreen continues to build on its core technologies and business strategy, providing the first line of defense in the control of healthcare associated infections (HAIs). HyGreen®
can help hospitals reduce costly and deadly HAIs. Return on investment is calculated to be substantially less than one year for the typical hospital.
Healthcare associated infections are a serious problem:
• 1.7 million patients are infected by healthcare associated infections each year
HyGreen® is designed to:
• 270 people each day die from these infections
• Because hospital stays extended an average of 8 days, HAIs add 13.6 million extra patient days to the burden of patients and hospitals
• Federal and state governments, along with private payors, are restricting payments for healthcare associated infection costs to hospitals
• Protect patients and staff from HAIs
• Help lower costs by lowering infections
• Remind healthcare workers to wash between every patient interaction
• Save time with comprehensive hand hygiene reporting
• Eliminate inaccuracies of direct observation
Visit the HyGreen, Inc. website.